By Jeanette Bicknell
In Philosophy of music and making a song: An Introduction, Jeanette Bicknell explores key aesthetic, moral, and different philosophical questions that experience no longer but been completely researched by way of philosophers, musicologists, or scientists. concerns addressed include:
- The courting among the that means of a song’s phrases and its music
- The performer’s position and the resultant gender issues, social ontology, and private identity
- The performer’s moral responsibilities to audiences, composers, lyricists, and people for whom the fabric holds specific significance
- The metaphysical prestige of remoted solo performances in comparison to the continual making a song of opera or the interrupted making a song of level and display musicals
Each bankruptcy makes a speciality of one significant musical instance and comprises a number of shorter discussions of alternative choices. All were selected for his or her illustrative energy and their accessibility for any reader and are with ease available.
Read or Download A Philosophy of Song and Singing: An Introduction PDF
Best aesthetics books
First amassed in Italy in 1985, Art's declare to fact is taken into account via many philosophers to be one in every of Gianni Vattimo's most vital works. Newly revised for English readers, the publication starts with a problem to Plato, Aristotle, Kant, and Hegel, who seen paintings as a metaphysical element of truth instead of a futuristic anticipation of it.
Symbolic Landscapes provides a definitive selection of landscape/place experiences that explores symbolic, cultural degrees of geographical meanings. Essays written via philosophers, geographers, architects, social scientists, artwork historians, and literati, convey particular modes of workmanship and views to this transdisciplinary and interdisciplinary examine of the symbolic point human existential spatiality.
Gadamer's writing on artwork is sometimes noticeable as aiding his philosophical concept of fact. Drawing jointly a coherent idea of the murals from the corpus of Gadamer's writings, this is often the 1st full-length exam of Gadamer's concept of the murals in its personal correct. shut readings of Gadamer's remedy of aesthetics honestly and procedure, in addition to his many essays and lectures on artwork, spotlight an method of artwork that isn't ancillary to ancient, philosophical, and linguistic topics.
This booklet explores the relationships among how the physique seems and feels in daily life via aesthetics. The fresh shift clear of Kantian aesthetics in the direction of a extra enacted direction areas at its middle the conclusion that the area is skilled as probabilities for motion, and important to this figuring out is how the body’s flow generates a number of pre-linguistic reports and that means.
- The Poetry of Life in Literature (Analecta Husserliana)
- The Pulse of Modernism: Physiological Aesthetics in Fin-de-Si�cle Europe (In Vivo)
- Artworks: Meaning, Definition, Value
- Selected Writings on Aesthetics
- Philosophie als Text - Zur Darstellungsform der "Götzen-Dämmerung" (Monographien und Texte zur Nietzsche-Forschung) (German Edition)
- The Philosophy of Art: An Introduction
Additional info for A Philosophy of Song and Singing: An Introduction